Deltora Quest: The Forest of Silence

This book was about a boy called Lief, a girl called Jasmine and a man called Barda trying to find the seven Gems of Deltora to put on the Belt of Deltora so they can save Deltora…

Lief was a poor boy that helped other people when they are gunna die or something. Barda was a soldier that fought against the evil dudes. Jasmine was a little girl when her parents were murdered by the evil dudes so she lived in the forest, until Lief and Barda came along…

In this book they try to get the first Gem of Deltora… The Topaz… But a big golden armored knight stood in their way, so they had to kill him by making a tree fall on him. But Barda died so they had to give him the pollen from a life-giving flower that the knight was protecting…

I really liked it so I give it a 5 star rating!!!!

I think that the Deltora Quest books would be good for grade 5/6’s and over.

4 thoughts on “Deltora Quest: The Forest of Silence

1. Hello Dylan! I really like this book review but maybe you should add a reason why you gave it a 5/5 rating.

(Also, you should probably change your background since it might distract anyone who is viewing your blog and then they might stop doing their work!)

2. Good work Dylan.
    I would definitely read this book based on your review.
    The one thing that spoiled it for me was when you used slang terms in what was otherwise a very professionally written text. The words “dudes” and “gunna die or something” didn’t fit with the authoritative voice you used for the rest of the writing. Maybe you could change them so the whole piece sounds correct.